Vegetarian Mouse Slayer

Monday, October 14, 2002
 
I am actually embarrassed by the fact that I have not watched television over the past few days and seen the footage of the horrid incident in Bali on Saturday evening. I have however, read papers, spoken to my family, and caught up with the majority of the facts. Bali is a hugely popular holiday destination for Australians which is reflected in the number of deaths/injured/people unaccounted for.

I honestly (and obviously naively) thought that if things got too out of hand, regarding world matters, I would just pack up and arrive back in Australia. No one wants to hurt us, we are too far away in Oz. How Very Wrong....

PS. Will be interesting to see how much media coverage this event receives....

PPS. Happy Thanksgiving. Wish I was there - how I love pumpkin pie! Three thanksgiving dinners over three consecutive nights last year may have been pushing it, but when there is pumpking pie to be had, I'm your girl!!